Medik8: Award-winning Skincare Cosmeceuticals
r-Retinoate® is a true breakthrough in anti-ageing skincare disguised in a super-luxury all-in-one moisturiser
r-Retinoate® (the product name) has a light cream-serum texture with a very light but appealing scent. r-Retinoate is non-oily, fast absorbing and pleasantly moisturising to address all signs of skin ageing.
r-Retinoate represents a true breakthrough in anti-ageing skincare. The encapsulated active ingredient inside r-Retinoate is patented, and Medik8 have a worldwide exclusive for its use in professional skincare. The name of this special active ingredient is “retinyl retinoate”.
Retinyl retinoate is something completely new to science. A very clever idea indeed. It is a hybrid molecule made by fusing Retinoic Acid (eg. Retin-A, Tretinoin etc.) with Retinol. This new molecule exhibits properties of both materials – improving retinol outcomes without the retinoic acid side-effects.
Retinyl retinoate has been the winner of multiple new technology awards including the Korean President’s Award for Technology. So ground-breaking, it has been awarded multiple patents around the world.
An impressive clinical trial published in the British Journal of Dermatology demonstrated that Retinyl Retinoate delivers astonishing results. It is even more effective than Retinol yet at a significantly lower dosage. But that’s just the start of the many benefits.
The new r-Retinoate cream-serum demonstrates remarkable stability and in combination with Vitamin C and Vitamin E shows remarkable effectiveness in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Skin looks visually more plumped, even and with a bright surface after 6 weeks and results continue to improve up to 12 weeks and beyond.
Only Medik8’s r-Retinoate® formula contains the best-of-the-best “Encapsulated Form” of retinyl retinoate which in a yet another published clinical trial has been proven to be even more stable and more effective than the original non-encapsulated form giving better and faster results.
- Encapsulated Retinyl Retinoate – stimulates collagen synthesis and skin cell turnover. Exclusive and patented active, proven to be more effective, yet less irritating than retinol.
- Vitamin E – quenches free radicals. This powerful antioxidant also has an effective anti-ageing and moisturising effect.
- Vitamin C – fights UV-induced free radicals. Vitamin C and vitamin E combination synergistically boosts overall antioxidant effect.
- Hyaluronic Acid – draws moisture to the skin to help keep it hydrated and supple.
- Glycerin – acts as an effective humectant to support the skin’s natural barrier function.